I love making art, but seeing something I've created come to life in game is what really motivates me. Working in video games is a unique experience that still excites me to this day. My passion to create the best art I can isn't just fueled by my artistic need, but also the urge to give the player the most rewarding experience possible. I've been lucky enough to do this the past 10 years, and I hope to find a studio in where I can continue for years to come.
MOTIGA - March 2015 - Present
Senior Concept and Character Artist - GIGANTIC
- Responsible for character concepts, both new, original characters and skins for existing characters.
- Responsible for character model creation (Hi-poly, Low-poly and all textures) as well as skin weighting to supplied rig.
- Delivery and integration of completed character assets within Unreal Engine 3.
RUNIC GAMES - May 2009 - January 2015
Art Director - HoB September 2013 – January 2015
- Responsible for creation of art style guidelines and general direction for an undisclosed project.
- Worked closely with all artists to ensure a cohesive and consistent style.
- Worked with lead level designer and lead programmer on core game play mechanics and overall game design.
Senior/Lead Character Artist - Torchlight and Torchlight II May 2009 – September 2013
- Responsible for setting and keeping the high standard for character art quality with the in-house team and outsource character art.
- Responsible for the creation of character models, textures, rigging and export for Torchlight and Torchlight II.
- Designed and prototyped flexible player character armor system for Torchlight II
- Managed all aspects of in house and outsourced character art including assignment, review, direction, clean-up and implementation of assets.
MYTHIC ENTERTAINMENT - November 2004 – May 2009
Assistant Art Director - Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning September 2008 – May 2009
- In charge of all aspects of the character art assets and implementation including:
- Defined visual distribution/progress of armor items over the course the game.
- Directed the visual design of character skill effects and overall timing.
- Assisted in schedule creation for all character artists, outsource artists and effects artists.
Lead Character Artist - Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning March 2007 – September 2008
- Ensured the quality and consistency of the character model and texture asset production.
- Managed and scheduled character tasks including PC, NPC, and monster creation.
- In charge of outsource work orders, daily feedback and asset approval.
- Helped the Shanghai outsource team to hit our artistic standards through daily work reviews and feedback as well as taking a couple of trips to their studio in China for on-site review and training.
Character Artist - Imperator, Dark Age of Camelot, Warhammer Online November 2004 – September 2007
- Responsible for the creation of character models, textures and some rigging for the Imperator, Dark Age of Camelot and Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning projects.
- Extensive experience with Low-Poly modeling in 3dsMax.
- Familiarity with Hi-Res sculpting in Zbrush as well as creating current generation textures from a Hi-Res mesh.
- Extensive experience in hand painted texturing, both realistic and stylized in Photoshop.
- Proficient skin weighting in 3dsMax.
- Extensive experience managing, leading and directing art teams both in house and off site.